Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Poppy Don't Kick . . . He Pops!

Ever since I laid eyes on the ultrasound monitor, I knew my son was an active one. At my last prenatal appointment I was told that I wouldn't feel him very much because of where the placenta is located. In other words, he kicks his nourishment source--not me! 

However, this simply isn't true. I've been feeling tiny "pops" since around week 16 and they've only gotten bigger. The whole "flutter" thing has been a myth for me. Poppy has some serious bang behind his buck. 


Due to the pregnancy popping (yes, popping) out my ribs, I've been taking a lot more baths to relax my muscles and get rid of pain naturally.  Today, while soaking in the tub I felt a huge POP right below my belly button. It even made the water move! How cool is that? 



Last night, my husband and I attended our third Bradley Method class. A girl in the class worked up the courage to ask the same thing I had been wondering. 

 I know movement is good, but is there such a thing as too much movement? Last night, my daughter was kicking and shaking her arms for nearly five hours straight. Should I be concerned? 

Lucky for us, there wasn't such a thing as too much movement, though she did say the more active the baby, the more likely you are to have an active child. The girl and I resolved that we would be getting our children together when they are older for tumble tots, or perhaps swimming the English Channel. Whatever it takes to get them to sleep at night, right?




1 comment: