Sunday, October 9, 2011

In Your Dreams

I've read that when you are pregnant  you are likely to have some very wacky, very vivid dreams! For me, this has proven true and it is one of the symptoms of pregnancy that is actually kind of fun!

Earlier this week I had a dream that I was the director of a Christmas version of Singin' in the Rain. While I sat in an auditorium, hundreds of men and women, dressed in red with white fur collars danced around magically with umbrellas in a way that was truly mesmerizing. Snow flakes fell, the dancers did tricks with their umbrellas--seriously, Wicked would have to run for its money if this musical was ever produced.It was amazing!

I also had a dream where I was able to buy my dream house, a five bedroom three bathroom Victorian with crown moldings, built-ins, hardwood floors, and a den that I could turn into my very own library. Of course, during my dream I was decorating the baby's nursery after moving in to this gorgeous home. Did I mention it that it had a fenced-in yard and was on a culdesac?

Last night I had a less pleasant, but still very strange dream. I was in a canoe on the Nile River with a friend from church and all of a sudden the 7 plagues (from the Moses story) started to occur. First there were locusts everywhere. Then frogs completely filled the water and the boat. It felt so real when I woke up, I checked my skin to see if there were any bugs on me!

Has anyone else experienced the phenomenon of vivid dreaming during pregnancy? What was the strangest/best/most entertaining dream you had?

No comments:

Post a Comment