Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Heart in the Baby Goes Ba-bump Ba-bump Ba-bump

Dear Poppy Seed,

So much has happened since the last time I wrote you. When mommy and daddy got back from our vacation I went to the doctor and we found out that it's true--you're really coming! The doctor says you're coming on Easter Sunday (April 8th), which is very exciting, but so far away. I think it's funny that God chose to give me His two best gifts on the very same day.

So far you have been pretty nice to mommy. I have had heartburn quite a bit, but I've been able to eat pretty much whatever I want, so thank you for being so cooperative. Today was the first day I felt woozy, but I drank some Sprite and things seem to settle down for us. The books I have been reading about you tell me that your heart just started to beat. This must take a lot of work because mommy has been tired  a lot recently. Today I slept for almost three hours in the middle of the day! Your mommy is usually pretty productive on the weekends, so this was quite strange, but I am learning to rest more for the both of us.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Love you,

Mom










2 comments:

  1. Awe! Writing letter to your baby-to-be is such a sweet idea. Can't wait to hear more and more about Poppy Seed as he (or she!) continues to grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy is lucky to have a mommy that writes to him/her before they've even met. :-)

    ReplyDelete